Closing Reception presented by Verein zur Förderung der Popkultur e.V.
The closing reception on Friday, August 31, 2018 on the Börsenplatz in front of IHK Cologne will be presented by the Verein zur Förderung der Popkultur e.V. (Association for the Promotion of Pop Culture). The association annually awards the "Preis für Popkultur" for outstanding achievements in various areas of pop culture in Germany. Additionally, they are seeing themselves as an interface and promoter of innovative and pop cultural projects. The nominations of the artists and the subsequent voting are made by a diverse jury of experts – their nearly 800 members. This jury represents all facets of the music business, from club owners to managers, from successful musicians to independent promoters, from freelance radio journalists to editors-in-chief. More information:
INES Reception with Cari Cari
On Friday, August 31, 2018, the INES Showcase Festival Network is inviting you to a reception on the Börsenplatz in front of IHK Cologne from 1pm to 2pm. Starting this year, c/o pop has been a member of the network of 12 showcase festivals. INES organises the annual INES#talent competition, whose winners are given the opportunity to play at European showcase festivals. INES#talent winner Cari Cari will be playing at the reception. They will also play at the c/o pop Festival, as will the bands Wandl and Zulu Zulu which were also selected by INES#talent. More information: www.ines-festivals.eu
ART@TECH Special Edition
On both days, the visitors of the c/o pop Convention will have the opportunity to experience a Special Edition of ART@TECH in the Börsensaal of the IHK Cologne. ART@TECH brings together art and technology and thus opens up new perspectives on our everyday life, which is being defined more and more by technology. Visitors are going to experience inspiring technology, interactive art installations and live music. Two days filled with impulses and new experiences of the virtual and real kinds. Albrecht Schrader, Yuri Zupancic and Camilo Sandoval will be among those participating in the Special Edition for the c/o pop Convention.
The Special Edition will give a foretaste of the upcoming edition of ART@TECH on November 24 and 25 at Wertheim Cologne. More information:
More, more, more…
- (Barcelona), (Thessaloniki) and (Lyon) are among the partners of the c/o pop Convention within the framework of
- On Friday, 31 August, will deal with the topics of cultural space protection and better institutional networking in the sector in two events: "Pro Kulturraumschutz in Köln: Auf dem Weg vom Club- zum Kulturkataster" and "Vernetzt in NRW: Gemeinsam die Branche stärken" (participation by invitation only).
- will present the panel "Is Hydrogen The Key To Our Clean Energy Future? How To Power Your Event Without Any Emission“ on Friday, August 31 at EXCHANGE & CONNECT.
- The (HKW) will present the panel "100 Years Of Copyright - Where Are We Now?" at INTERACTIVE on Thursday, August 30.
- Together with GEMA, ifs internationale filmschule köln, Women in Film and Television and Bavaria Sonor we are partners of the
- On Thursday, 30 August, the will be organising the (industry panel of the culture and creative industry) on the topic of "Networks" (participation by invitation only).
- will hold its general meeting at the c/o pop Convention 2018.
- will be telling us about band promoting using the example of the band Soeckers from Ahaus (PopCamp participants 2017) as part of NEW TALENT on Friday, 31 August.
- On Thursday, 30 August, the will bring together key multipliers at "Connecting Smart Music Cities" (participation by invitation only).
- will present the Start Up Breakfast on Thursday, August 30.
- The Cologne Composing Collective (C11) will present itself on Thursday, August 30, during a press conference followed by live music by Keshavara.
- By the invitation of the Federal Foreign Office, 15 festival directors and music journalists from many countries in Germany, including Cologne with c/o pop Convention and c/o pop Festival, will visit the German music scene at the end of August and experience it up close together with the Initiative Musik.